Best hair dye for wigs
Using wigs gives you several advantages, and one of them is dyeing them as per your preference more frequently than your natural hair in short Hair Dye your Wigs.
Coloured Wigs are available, but you may not like the colour combination or the shade. In such a situation, the next best option will be dyeing your wigs yourself.
Another reason to dye your wig is that your present one has faded and instead of buying a new one, you may wish to revive the one you own.
The Fundamental Difference Between Dyeing Human Hair Wig and Synthetic Material Wig
It’s important to understand the difference between dying human hair, and synthetic wigs. There are several little things, but the fundamental difference is that the materials used in synthetic wigs lack the natural pigmentation of human hair.
That means the dyes available in the market, branded or drug store-bought, won’t work on synthetic wigs, making it harder to dye them.
Preparation and Information Gathering Before Dyeing Your Wig
Before beginning the dyeing process, it will be wise to find out whether the wig is made of human hair or a synthetic material. Based on this information, deciding on the subsequent steps will become easier.
If your wig is made from human hair, it will be easier to dye it, as the regular hair dyes available in the market will work perfectly well.
The same dye, developer and tools used for dyeing your natural hair can be used, and the task can be completed simply. It will help you make the best wigs in UK.
The Points To Guide You Through Dyeing Your Human Hair Wig
The points you need to remember while dyeing your human hair wig are as follows:
- You will need a developer along with the dye you have chosen
- You have to mix the developer and the dye carefully and thoroughly
- You have to then take sections of the wig, put the dye on them, and let the colour set for 30 – 40 minutes
- Finally, the wig needs to be washed with shampoo and conditioner, pat dried first and then with a blow drier
- While selecting the colour for your wig, you need to select a shade that is darker than the wig
- You have to purchase a hair dye with high enough volume to work on the wig
- To apply the dye, you need to put the wig on a stand and then begin working
- Before applying the dye to the whole wig, you should test it on a small section of the wig
The Details Of Dyeing A Synthetic Wig
Dyeing synthetic regular and Braided Wigs will differ from this process in a few areas. As we mentioned earlier, synthetic wigs could not be dyed with regular hair dyes due to the lack of natural pigmentation.
Therefore, you will need to find a suitable alternative, and fabric dyes, especially ones made from synthetic materials and polyester, will be the best choice. The steps you need to follow are:
- You will need to fill a pot with water which is large enough to hold you wig
- The water should be measured, as for every cup of water, you need to add 3 teaspoons of dye
- The water should be brought to boiling first, and then the dye is to be added
- After the dye is added, you have to keep the pot on simmer
- Before adding the wig, you have to make it damp, which will help with the dyeing process
- Rinsing your wig before putting it into the pot will do the trick
- After that, you need to add the wig to the pot and leave it
- Once it has achieved the desired colour, you can remove the wig
- The wig is to be then placed on a wig stand and allowed to air dry
When it comes to Coloured Wigs, whether braided or not, the best dye will depend on your choice of colour and the type of wig. The definition of best always depends on your preference and taste. Therefore, you will be the best judge in this situation.
Please visit our website to find the sheer variety of coloured wigs we offer at Slayology. Explore our product page to learn more and place your order.wig wig wig wig wig wig